KING RIVER STEAM RIVER & RAFT EXPERIENCE
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PCP8HO
Steam, River and Raft - a full day of safe fun and adventure on the West Coast
Start your wilderness rafting trip with a heritage steam train ride through the West Coast Wilderness before rafting through the peaceful lower reaches of the King River. The King River Steam, River and Raft Experience is a unique collaborative adventure between King River Rafting and the West Coast Wilderness Railway.
Catch the West Coast Wilderness Railway from Queenstown over the steep Abt section of track to Dubbil Barril train station, located in the rainforest on the banks of the King River. From here, we'll change into our rafting gear and paddle down the King Rivers small rapids and peaceful reaches. On this 15km adventure, you will see thousands of huon pine trees, paddle through mirror reflections of silent ancient forest, drift past mining relics being reclaimed by nature and spot black cockatoos and eagles wheeling overhead. We'll stop at places of interest along the way, including enjoying a sumptuous King River Rafting lunch. At Lowana, we board the bus for the return drive to Queenstown.
• Raft the King River's Class II Rapids
• Get up close to ancient rainforest and rare Huon Pine and King Billy Pine trees.
• Experience calm serene reaches & olisten to the silence
• Catch glimpses of local wildlife and birds
• Visit Rinadeena and Lynchford train stations
• A beautiful photo opportunity at Water Fall Gully
• Other stops of interest including the original town of Teepookana and the old Cascades Hotel
• Trained and qualified guides
• Double inflatable kayaks, paddles and safety gear
• Transport to and from the river from Queenstown.
• Comprehensive commentary on the natural and human history of the area
• Use of waterproof cameras and production of a King River Rafting photo USB drive for purchase ($25)
• River snacks of sweets and nuts
Suitable for: families with stronger children.
Price: Adults $100 Children $80 (8 - 15 yrs)
Start time: 10am
End time: Approx. 2pm
Duration: 4 hours
Start & end location: West Coast Wilderness Railway station, in Driffield Street, Queenstown
Minimum group of 1, maximum 6.
Operates 7 days per fortnight.
On Wednesday 10 January 2018 departure time is 12.00, returning about 8.00 pm.