This tour is one of the Tasmania's ultimate adventures, combining an awesome river rafting adventure with a scenic wilderness flight.
An early morning scenic flight from Hobart to Queenstown takes you past the gleaming quartz peak of Frenchmans Cap and deep into the West Coast Wilderness. Once in Queenstown, guests will join us for the King for a Day trip on the King River or alternatively upgrade to the King River Gorge Raft and Steam Experience. At the conclusion of your rafting adventure, catch your return flight to Hobart over the Franklin River and Wild Rivers National Park.
• Spectacular return scenic flights from Hobart to Queenstown
• Raft the King River Gorge with exciting Class III Rapids
• Get up close to ancient rainforest and rare Huon Pine and King Billy Pine trees
• See the unspoiled environment of the Garfield River
• Portage the exhilarating Sailor Jack rapid
• Experience calm, serene reaches of the river
• Ride the West Coast Wilderness Railway's heritage steam train
• A beautiful photo opportunity at Water Fall Gully
• Catch glimpses of local wildlife and birds
• Visit sites of historical interest including the original town of Teepookana and the old Cascades Hotel
• Return scenic flights from Hobart to Strahan and tranfer to and from Strahan Airport.
• Full day wilderness rafting experience
• Trained and qualified guides
• Comprehensive commentary on the natural and human history of the area
• All the requisite rafting and safety gear, including wetsuit, helmet and lifejacket
• Generous & scrumptious King River Rafting Lunch, plus River snacks of sweets and nuts and water
• Use of waterproof cameras to take photos of your rafting experience (Take these memories with you: purchase a King River Rafting USB drive with all your photos for $25)
• Review the days photos on our bus' TV
• All day parking available at Par Avion, Cambridge Airport.
Suitable for: families with stronger children.
Price: On application
Start time: 6am
End time: Approx. 8pm
Duration: 14 hours
Start & end location: Par Avion, 115 Kennedy Drive, Hanger 13 Cambridge Airport, Hobart
Minimum group of 4, maximum 30.
Bookings by arrangement.