FLY 'N' KING
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Product code: FLYNKING
This tour is one of the Tasmania's ultimate adventures, combining an awesome river rafting adventure with a scenic wilderness flight.
With the advent of the regular passenger flights between Strahan & Hobart we are able to offer this fantastic adventure at a discounted price and without a minimum group size.
The early morning flight from Hobart to Strahan takes you past the gleaming quartz peak of Frenchmans Cap and deep into the West Coast Wilderness. From Strahan we take you to Queenstown, and the start of your King River Adventure. At the conclusion of your rafting adventure, we will get you to the Strahan airport for your return flight to Hobart over the Franklin River and Wild Rivers National Park.
Ring us before booking to ensure that there are seats on the plane.
• Spectacular return scenic flights from Hobart to Strahan
• Raft the King River Gorge with exciting Class III Rapids
• Get up close to ancient rainforest and rare Huon Pine and King Billy Pine trees
• See the unspoiled environment of the Garfield River
• Portage the exhilarating Sailor Jack rapid
• Experience calm, serene reaches of the river
• Take the option to ride the West Coast Wilderness Railway's heritage steam train to Queenstown
• A beautiful photo opportunity at Water Fall Gully
• Catch glimpses of local wildlife and birds
• Visit sites of historical interest including the original town of Teepookana and the old Cascades Hotel
- • Return scenic flights from Hobart to Strahan and transfer to and from Strahan Airport.
• Full day wilderness rafting experience
• Trained and qualified guides
• Comprehensive commentary on the natural and human history of the area
• All the requisite rafting and safety gear, including wetsuit, helmet and lifejacket
• Generous & scrumptious King River Rafting Lunch, plus River snacks of sweets and nuts and water
• Use of waterproof cameras to take photos of your rafting experience (Take these memories with you: purchase a King River Rafting USB drive with all your photos for $25)
• Review the days photos on our bus' TV
• All day parking available at Par Avion, Cambridge Airport.
Suitable for: families with stronger children.
Start time: 6.00am
End time: Approx. 6 pm
Duration: 12 hours
Start & end location: Par Avion, 115 Kennedy Drive, Hanger 13 Cambridge Airport, Hobart
Minimum group of 2, maximum 9.
Bookings by arrangement.